Thursday, May 11, 2006

Hallelujah

There's a song that has spoke to me a lot lately. It's by Bethany Dillon (some of you are probably not surprised). Here are the lyrics.

Who can hold the stars
And my weary heart?
Who can see everything?

I've fallen so hard
Sometimes I feel so far
But not beyond your reach

I could climb a mountain
Swim the ocean
Or do anything
But it's when you hold me
That I start unfolding
And all I can say is

Hallelujah, hallelujah
Whatever's in front of me
Help me to sing hallelujah
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Whatever's in front of me
I'll choose to sing hallelujah

The same sun that
Rises over castles
And welcomes the day
Spills over buildings
Into the streets
Where orphans play

And only you can see the good
In broken things
You took my heart of stone
And you made it home
And set this prisoner free

It just reminds me that I should praise His name through everything I do. He has given me life, and not just any life, but the life that he has so perfectly crafted. Mine is not like anyone else's. That is amazing to me. How can there be 6 billion people in the world... and I'm not like any of them. I should be so thankful for everything and that is what I want to do every single day of my life. I want to get up every morning and sing Hallelujah wherever I go, no matter what happens. Praise his name! That is why I am on this earth is to give Him all the worship. I don't want to waste a second.

I want to fall in love with Him more and more every day of my life. I want to get out of bed BURSTING with His love. It should spill out of me everywhere because I just can't contain it anymore. There is just an abundance, more than I can possibly ever comprehend.

People laugh when I'm walking down the street listening to this song on my mp3 player because I just can't help but smile and dance a little...or sometimes a lot. But I don't care. It's one of those songs that if you had to pick a soundtrack to the story of your life, this would be a nomination. He puts a bounce in my step and I'm just so happy that the bounce is Him and not anything or anyone else. I LOVE HIM! I'M IN LOVE WITH JESUS!

I've just felt so blessed and loved by him this past while and I just want to praise Him for that.

7 Comments:

Blogger Keller said...

That's so encouraging to hear. I've had those songs before too... one of them was actually a BD song too... not that one though. It should be strange that we can smile and dance in the midst of hardship and even in the midst of other people we don't know. However, Jesus told us that this is the type of life He wants us to have... and that's the great blessing of the Kingdom of God. What a privelege to share that with those around us.

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have great blogs!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

ithirst...

dance moves? you got it. when we meet again.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Keller said...

The song you are referring to Steph is Small by Amanda Falk... great song.

8:35 PM  
Blogger jon said...

Megan I think that was the song we were going over a week and a half ago.. I forgot to get you to send it to me again! The words are great though... thanks for the really encouraging and joyful blog, I love it. God Bless!

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jon? Is that you? Funny thing I run into you here!

11:44 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Who's Dennis?

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home