Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Leavin' On a Jet Plane


Australia...tomorrow...Holy crap.

Has it actually hit me? I doubt it. But things are weird temporarily because I have moved everything out of my house - food and all. I have nothing here. I have no bed - slept on the couch. I have no food - don't know what I'll eat. I have no car - under house arrest. I have no clean clothes - just an empty suitcase. All I have is my laptop and a guitar, so here I sit. I'll make music later.

So I'm clearly not ready to go. My bags are not packed and I am not ready to go, as the song dictates. However - I am still expected to leave on a jet plane tomorrow. I feel weird. Torn between two worlds. Still going to the other one, but I think my heart will still be here. Actually, I'm sure it will.

Well, let's look at the otherside. What waits for me in Australia? OHHH!! WELLLL!! Only the greatest family in the whole world! Except my parents are going on a houseboat without me (gawsh!) so I won't see them for a few extra days. My little brother - the greatest brother in the world - who misses me.. aww. But - Sydney waits for me. An old friend. Another friend who is going to take me surfing and 4x4. The chocolate factory in Melbourne...and Adelaide (hehe). Funny plug-ins. Accents. Also, I have a job interview waiting for me in Adelaide. Which I need but do not want. Mostly because I would love to be lazy and bum around in Australia for the summer, however, I must work to go to school next year because I'm poor. The good thing is their minimun wage is crazy. My brother is making $14.50/hr at K-mart!

Well - I'm starving, so I have to go steal food from my roommates now before they get home. :) Stay tuned for more Aussie/Bauer adventures!

(cannot take credit for the photo at the top)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you are getting more proficient at stealing cheese than I am! This has to stop! No more stealing cheese!

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MEGAN... i hope you have a wonderful time hun. I miss you like crazy... but get to fly to vancouver for two weeks thanks to your favorite man in the world... mike... it's no australia but it'll do... LOVE YOU

10:58 PM  
Blogger Superjan said...

it was good having tea yesterday. keep in touch via email/msn/blogger. keep your eyes out for some sweet australian men to smuggle back to E-town.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Steal the cheese - I WILL NEVER STOP!

sarah boots - oh gosh...mike...my ears are fuming already, can you tell?

superjan - yes, well, I think my luggage is already past its maximum.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get it????I am going to kill myself if it doesn't get to you before you leave...I hope your housmates will keep it for you...I am very jealous

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so megan.....why are your ears fuming already?....do you even i know why... or are you just assuming things....in the beginning i told her i wasn't going to hurt her....and the way it was going it would have hurt her alot more.....so anything.....i will talk to you later...

9:21 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Okay 'anonymous' - don't get your underwear in a fuss. I wasn't saying my ears were fuming because of that you tard. Just simply because that is the relationship you and I have. We tease the crap out of each other.. that's how it goes. That was nothing to do about your topic. I talked to her a bit. Don't worry. And I would have sent this personally to you if I knew your contact. Instead, everyone gets to read this.

Gisela - do NOT kill yourself. But I am very sorry to say that it did not come yet. I'm sure they will keep it for me.. I love you though.

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could I just say that I I am a terrible procrastinator (which you already knew)and I hate the fact that with the Canadian Postal system there is no chance that a package would arrive in the minimum amount of time!!!!!But seriously three months until you get my package gross..there is perishable stuff in it...;-D Just kidding. I guess you'll have to give me your address and I will have to ship something to Adelaide...

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home