Wednesday, May 31, 2006

And So It Begins

You are not going to believe this. I think I just have bad travel karma. For me and whoever is so unfortunate to travel with me. But anyhow.

Adventure #1. My wonderful friend, Cayley and I started our journey to Australia today. Needless to say, we did not make it very far. Our first flight leaving from Edmonton was delayed. Not by much, but a little. So we arrived in Vancouver at 6:38pm. Our next flight took off at 7:27pm. We had just under an hour to get off our plane, retrieve our bags, check in to a new airline, and make it through customs. As we RAN through the terminals going from domestic to international, upon arrival we were informed that the gates closed an hour before take off so we would not be making our flight. Only Me... and I drug Cayley into this. ha! So, logically, the way our ticket was set up in the first place, we had no hope of ever making our flight. Travel agent's mistake. It would have been the same thing in L.A. We were only suppose to have one hour there too. So if it was not Vancouver, it would have been L.A. Fortunately, it was Vancouver. So after waiting around.. making A LOT of phone calls on my parents calling card..(and later realizing it is not them who pay that bill anymore.. it is the Australians living in my house who pay it. oops!) trying to get numbers of my Uncle, who lives in Vancouver, he came and picked us up.

We need to be back at the airport by about 4:00am to re-begin our journey. The airlines re-did our flights, so we will still make it to Sydney, and because someone big is definitely watching out for us, they waived the 'change fee' because it was not our fault. We just arrive that evening instead of that morning which, as it turns out, works much better for the friend who is picking us up.

God is obviously coming to Australia too (not that I had any doubts!). There is no doubt. I'm so thankful to be travelling with the great friend that I am with because we are both in great spirits, are having a great time already and laughing our heads off at these silly mix ups. I fear if it were anyone else, there'd be anger or something unpleasant. So I cannot thank God enough for her.

Pray for us.

6 Comments:

Blogger jon said...

Wooo adventures :) so when does the part come is the part where your flight gets redirected back to Edmonton? haha. Good thing you have a good sense of humour... I'm sure you will make it down to Aus no prob, and soon. If not, I know of a movie with Tom Hanks in it that may resemble your scenario. Am praying for sure!

5:13 AM  
Blogger Keller said...

Your adventure reminds me a bit of my Indonesian adventure. Many mix ups, and missed flights. You should be there by now. Looking forward to reading more blogs from down under.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

quite the adventure already meg.. and that was already half a week ago! i'm curious to know what you've got yourself into now.
umm.. come back, i have a craving for oodle noodle! :)

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

megan... i hope you're doing well...

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you having fun? I miss you so much!

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What!!! You were in Vancouver! (I'm sorry if this next part sounds selffish!) Why the heck didn't you call me!
Anywho, I'll be praying for you this summer and somewhat envying you at the same time...

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home