Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Fiji Bound

Well, our trip is closing in on an end. Today we are packing EVERYTHING up to head out one last time. We'll leave on the train for Sydney tomorrow morning and then the day after...we're FIJI BOUND! Woo hoo! I need a little bit more of a sunburn to catch up with everyone at home since you've had incredible weather all summer. Now it's my turn. I'm very thankful that my sister has decided to come on this little escapade with us. Our duo has turned into a trio for the trip. I haven't got to spend copious amounts of time with her this summer because she's been working and I've been traveling. But we've been completely spoiled and are able to go together.

We were also able to turn our traveling duo into a family trip when we went to Melbourne. My brother and sister were both able to come with us, so that was excellent. We had many, many Bauer Honking (for those of you who know what that is) moments with the eyes full of laughing tears and the whole enchilada. We got to go to the aquarium, which was incredible and the great ocean road...Oh my word..Absolutely breathtaking. The day ended with a bit of a bump though.

When we got home to our hostel (which was just the 4 of us in the room...not shared with anyone else) we walked into our room and found the window wide open. A bit peculiar because it's the middle of the winter and no one had been in. We didn't think too much about it until we noticed all of our stuff thrown everywhere. Our mess, which was already there, turned into a different mess. Someone had broken into our room and searched through all our bags throwing things out of them. My brother's backpack was hidden waaay under his bed, which had also been searched through, but you wouldn't know it from the outside. It was nicely replaced and zipped back up...however... his iPod was missing. Someone robbed us and fortunately, that was the only thing valuable left in the room. There were also 3 other rooms on our floor that had been robbed..All much worse than ours. mp3's, cameras, credit cards. But all the other people were still in the building. They'd just gone down to the kitchen to make supper or watch TV. So within 2 hours of leaving their rooms unattended, 4 robberies occured. So the police came and all that jazz. My brother, on the otherhand, handled everything very well. He may have been steaming on the outside, but he was calm on the outside. He was a pretty good witness to the other guys I think. They were fuming. Oh the window... we kind of thought that they might have came in through the window because there was a giant ledge..but we were on the third floor. But then realized they probably had a masterkey because of the other rooms.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Darlin so the question is where are ya going to be in about 10 days er so??? I am figuring unreachable in Figi eh? In two short weeks you'll only be 2000 miles away!It'll be nice to have so near!At least none of you were napping in the hostel room..that would have made it truly unforgivable!
;-D haha

9:35 PM  
Blogger shinbone #4 said...

by the way.. travel within Fiji,by bis, is VERY inexpensive. I wish we'd known that when we were there, we would hvae gone more places. Sadly we didn't find out till the last day. We spent most of our time either in Nadi, or at the cheap-o club Fiji resort where we were staying. Still, i enjoyed it... it was a very cool place to travel to, I think. Oh, but watch out for the men, they can be VERY hands on, if you know what I mean :D

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we all know what you mean grace, by your stories you seemed to have had fun with the men. And please do watch out for them, if you find one I might like bring him on back and if you find one thats too hands on I'm sure grace will take him off your hands;)

6:03 PM  
Blogger FFG said...

Hmmm, Figi men and Santa Cruz men must share genes.

7:20 PM  
Blogger jon said...

lol, I'm not commenting on the men comments, but I am wondering when you are going to be back on Alberta soil. hope Fiji is great. I updated my blog with stuff from Mex if you wanted... www.joncook.ca/trust. ttyl

10:28 AM  
Blogger shinbone #4 said...

p.s. I meant travel by bus, not by bis... travel by bus VERY inexpensive.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Keller said...

Yeah, that sucks. You emailed me about it though... I'm now trying to catch up on everyone's blogs which could take a while. You're next one looks short though!

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home