Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Battle of the Toilet Paper


Alright...here's my problem. Cayley and I share the room that is next to the toilet. (I say toilet because it is in a different room from the rest of the bathroom) People get up to use the toilet in the middle of the night and when they tear the toilet paper off of the roll, it sounds like a motorcycle is driving through our bedroom. It is SO loud every single square wakes me up.
So this is my plan of action. I have already politely asked everyone to use the roll of toilet paper that is on the floor next to the toilet. Problem persisted. I then proceeded to remove the roll of toilet paper and placing it on the floor before going to bed. This is my present attempt...today, I created this sign. One other problem I encountered while making this sign is that we have no tape or fun-tac or any sort of removeable adhesive...so I used a glue stick. I justified this action by the fact that the walls are terribly made and that the owners are completely demolishing this house once we move out. If my friendly sign does not work, my next move will to be COMPLETELY remove ALL of the rolls of toilet paper and hiding them until morning. Or else get a screw driver and remove the roll dispenser. I will be forced to take action and do whatever means necessary to get a peaceful sleep. This madness has got to end!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I can say I have never ran into such a unique problem as this. Trust me I have had alot of situations were I was not able to get any sleep but this... this takes the cake!

TheDrake

10:19 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

You're right! A girl DOES have to do what a girl has to do!

7:31 PM  
Blogger FFG said...

Hey there Megan Rae, one blog visit deserves another...I wonder how you'd handle the strange and varied noises...loud noises...here. I'll trade you your toilet paper roll for the horn that moos very loudly, very early in the morning, from the horsedrawn cart that sells milk in my barrio.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Yeah, that sounds like an alright trade. You don't know this toilet paper! It's got a mind of it's own!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Keller said...

It's amazing how little things can be so loud... my brother used to wake up to me turning the light switch on... even though I did it quietly... to him everything was loud.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Just a question... but if this situation gets to the point of removing all the TP from the house, are you expecting your family to drip-dry..? eeeewwwwwww...

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had better not marry anyone who snores!!! I did, took me two years before I learned to sleep through it.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home