Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My First Purchase

Well... we finally arrived to Sydney. My first Australian purchase was A TOQUE! Australia is bloody cold and I'm not even joking. Everyone's first response is, "But you're Canadian!" Sorry, but I do not live in an igloo! The difference is, when it gets cold in Canada, our houses are at least warm. Here... you just suffer and cannot get warm. I'm sleeping with a winter duna, flannel sheets, and 2 other blankets. I'm wearing sweat pants, 3 shirts, a sweater, and a toque as my bedtime attire. I have never been so cold in my life. So if you are sticking to your sheets right now because you are so hot in Canada...I don't feel sorry for you. However - I'm having a fun time. :)

More stories to come.

Cold one in Australia.

3 Comments:

Blogger hotrodent said...

Congradulations on your first and practical purchase. Too bad you can't be staying in a place like our appartment. Even in the winter we have to open the windows because it is always so hot.

Let us know if it's true whether the toilet flushes the other way down under, eh? We'll be praying for you.

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAH megan... so good to hear some news. It's been pretty hot here in calgary... i even got sun burnt... i love you tons!!! I'm driving down to vancouver by myself the first two weeks of july... wish me luck! or just pray that all will go well

4:00 PM  
Blogger Keller said...

Yes! Good question Rod... I heard that the toilet rumour is a myth. Which way does the water go down? Sorry to hear it's so cold. I went running and it was 5 degrees this morning in Northern BC. I hope you can stay warm.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home