Thursday, June 29, 2006

For Interest's Sake

Tonight was the night. We went to the drive-in movie and saw Superman Returns. To start the evening, it was a little hectic. We needed to leave the house by 6:30 to be on time for the show however we had to wait for mum to get home from work. (she didn't know we planned to go to the drive-in and needed a car to do so) She finally got home at 6:29. So everyone grabbed the snacks we made, the sleeping bags and pillows we packed, and everyone bolted for the car wearing our sweats, jumpers, and slippers.

We made it. $16 for the whole car no matter how many people are in it. Last time there was a truck full of guys with a couch in the back. Looked like a pretty sweet set-up. Alright, so bring out the popcorn. Homemade - the best kind. Greasy fingers...where do you wipe them? Well your socks of course!

So the movie you ask? Well it was actually great! Lois Lane on the other hand - not a very pleasant person. What does Superman see in her anyways? I guess in all fairness he did leave her didn't he? And something else that REALLY bothers me is why the heck doesn't the world know it's Clark Kent? Just because he takes off his glasses and becomes all plastic like a Ken doll doesn't make him look any different! We can all see it's still him! Down below is a picture of kryptonite I saw at the museum today. Now I don't want this to sound like I disliked the movie because I didn't...just the opposite, like I said, it was good. I would like to add more however I do not want to spoil it for any of you so I'll leave it at that. Now as we were leaving the theatre, we forgot that I put a soda on the dashboard and I started to drive. It was all good for a bit....until I turned a corner. Yep, you guessed it. The open fizzy drink slid across the dashboard like a pair of sunglasses and landed on the floor - somewhere - in the dark. This clown car of ours has been through quite a bit since the kids arrived. What can we say? Well, we all laughed about it.

So I went to the museum today. Wasn't overly looking forward to it, not going to lie, but much to my surprise, it was interesting and I had a good time. There were lots of bones and weird things to look at such as gross things in jars. There were also lots of animals which had been taxadermied. I felt like I was at the zoo and that there were waaaay too many animals in each cage and especially because they did not even go together. For example a beaver and a koala. Most Australians have never even seen a beaver let alone it being next to a koala. It is also funny because they put these animals in positions that they think the animal would do.

For several days now as Cayley and I have been speedily running to the bus stop, we have passed this dead creature that lies right next to the sidewalk and its tail comes very close to being ON the sidewalk. We have been in too big of a rush most times to take the time to have a close look. We would just describe it as 'a fuzzy weiner-like puppy with an EXTRA loooong tail'. But today, we saw one at the museum (also dead) and discovered that our dead furry little friend is a possum. Interesting. Unfortunately, that's my whole story and it's not very funny because it is true. Strange how that works out. Anyways, I had a picture of him but it's not working right now. Feel free to name him.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thaks for not spoiling the movie... I greatly appreciate that.

TheDrake

2:07 PM  
Blogger Keller said...

Lois Lane is retarted... Interesting adventures you are having...

4:24 PM  
Blogger hotrodent said...

Planning to see the movie tomorrow, although I finished the book two weeks ago. If you wanted to discuss anything you thought was missing, let me know. Maybe it WAS in the book, but was taken out because it made the movie too long.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

I remember driving through saskatchewan about 4 years ago, seeing huge movie screens for drive-ins sitting in the middle of what looked like a cow pastures... Somewhat random, but they were pretty cool lookin! When you come home, we're starting up our own drive-in theater Meg!!

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home