Sunday, October 30, 2005

Quiz of the Mini-Poo

**WARNING to MALES: I'm not sure what I'm going to write in this blog yet, but YOU HAVE BEEN FOREWARNED that there are possibilities of unwanted, graphic descriptions to the male species!!**

Well, I have decided that nursing is hard. I'm going to love it when I get out of school or at least into clinical, but the research and book work is awful. Anyways, this weekend, my research topic was the Third Trimester of Pregnancy. Holy crap! In crude unanatomical terms, there is a lot that goes on to make a little person inside another person! But, lucky for me, a member of this prestigeous fellowship I belong to, the Queen Poo is growing a Mini-poo. All it took was a bribe with a combination of a form of pickle and chip and she agreed to answer questions. (She just so happens to perfectly be in her third trimester)

I learned all sorts of things from her, that twix bars are only good for one week straight, a jar of pickles CAN be consumed all in one sitting, and that I'm terrified of having my own baby!! Oh my goodness! I could handle being pregnant, but what the heck happens when it's time for it to come out?!?! I really do not see how that is going to work. Being in anatomy and all those good courses, I've studied how the body is structured and it's just not happening!!! You know when there is a little scrawny kid being picked on in the wee corner of the playground by this GIANT of a bulley, being realistic, let's say 600 lbs, and the scrawny kid with these toothpick arms, is trying to get past the giant but just physically cannot because the cracks under the giant's legs and arms are not nearly big enough? That's having a baby. The scrawny kid (baby), no matter how small and scrawny it is, is NOT getting out the....exit. It sucks because the whole situation is gonna hurt like there's no tomorrow.

Boys, if you're still reading this, no matter how much it hurts to be...misplaced....in the...... .......hmm......wrong spot, you do not win. Nothing could possibly hurt as bad as having a baby, and I have not even been there.. Just the logic of it is propostrous!! Kidney stones, boys...big ones. Those are your only comparison... If you have further questions on that topic, clarification can be made.... in the comments box even, that could be funny.

Back to mini-poo's. After all I said, I am very much looking forward to the day down the road when I will become a mother of my own child. On a different note, there is a little girl in Romania who stole my heart. Actually, they all did. When we went on a missions trip there, we went into the children's hospital.... God broke my heart for those kids. We walked up 8 floors to the top few floors and the whole floors were full of babies under a year old. They had all been abandoned. No names, no identities, simply left on a park bench. The most unfortunate thing about these kids, is that they cannot be adopted even. They stay at the hospital until they are big enough to go to an orphanage. They can't be adopted because they don't have signatures from their parents, whom most were drug addicts and didn't have a right mind most of the time, unfortunately. People can't adopt babies without identities because they can't just HAVE a baby and have no idea where it came from.

On these several floors of babies, there were around a total of 60 babies. Staff? There weren't really. There were maybe 5-10 volunteer staff who came in to hold and take care of them. These babies, for instance, the one year olds, who should be crawling and moving all over the place, still could not support their own heads. They don't get held enough to build the strength to do it on their own. A baby can't gain strength by sitting in a basket all day.

Well, some day, my dream is to help at least one of these children. I would love to care for a child that has no hope in the world. Give it my unconditional love forever and a day, just as Christ has done for me. We don't deserve that love but because God is so good He has done that for us. The difference is those kids all around the world DO deserve that love. They have done nothing wrong to deserve the situation they are in. God can love us, who are undeserving of it, so I want to share everything God has given me with a life less fortunate.

For Ramona

15 Comments:

Blogger Keller said...

I can't believe you're taking Queen Poo at her word! Remember, she exaggerates EVERYTHING!! There's no way it hurts as bad as everyone says. Kidney stones? Yes. Babies? Cha!

That's a great picture btw. A great picture of what Christ has done for us... picked us up into His arms and loves us unconditionally.

I couldn't help but notice your blog was longer than normal. Good work!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Superjan said...

I think I'm with you on this one, Meg. I too have taken numerous anatomy and biology classes, and when it came time to talk about reproduction, I couldn't help but feel a little squeamish at the birthing part. I'll be crying out to be injected with pain killers, that's for sure.

4:59 AM  
Blogger Joy said...

I have to say yogger doesn't know what he's talking about, nor could he ever, unless by some odd happening. Which I would then love to read his blog about the experience. Oh and the baby in your picture was so cute, I would love to go and work in one of those places sometime but I think my heart would break. The workers can only do so much. Maybe if I never marry I could adopt, or both.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Well, EXTRA VALUE, I think you could adopt EVEN WHEN you marry. You might have better luck then anyways. ....

6:49 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

I said that! with the or both, You didn't read my comment did you? did you! Oh and what's all this setting Janet up? What about your poor friend Joy? By the way my sister Grace was all shocked that you knew Daveo, he was at the Capernway hall the same time as her. As soon as she saw his name she wanted to kick me off of the computer.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I DID read your comment! And yeah, I talked to Daveo today, and read the comments, that was fun. Such a small world. AND it's been a while since I was trying to set up Janet. If I wrote things like that about Joy there'd be trouble. Cause Janet made me a list of specifications.

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh then you're forgiven, but what did you mean by " If I wrote things like that about Joy there'd be trouble"?

9:21 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Well, when I wrote about Janet, it was all stuff that came right from HER mouth. If I did that with you, it would take a long, intimate interview to find out what kind of man could satisfy you. If we didn't do that, and I just made stuff up, you might end up with, i don't know, a Ukranian-Chinese! And then you might be upset.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Keller said...

wow... i don't have much to say. I just put a new picture on my profile and wanted to see if it worked when i posted a comment.

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Yogger doesn't have much to say? Holy smokes, someone call an ambulance.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Keller said...

I can see Anonymous is really funny... so funny that she/he is too scared to sign their real name! HA!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Keller said...

Megan confessed to being Anonymous on her own blog. That is interesting.

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok well I really have lost what was trying to be said by everyone...but I did want to say my darling that I love the new look...could anything be better than polka-dots?aahhhh..miss you dsigustingly you really need to get facebook (if its available to northerners)

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has the "mini-poo" been born?

12:09 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

I actually don't know... I haven't heard any news. "Anonymous" you probably live close than I do and so you should know more. Hey, you should also give me their emails.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home