Wednesday, November 30, 2005

God Answers Prayers

We all know that God answers prayers. I just wanted to write a blog about some of the prayers he's answered in my life recently. I really want to write them down so I can keep remembering them.

First off, He found my dogs a temporary/semi-permanent home until August! There is a family in Vermilion who has a few kids and would like to take care of my dogs. Also, on weekends, when I come home to stay at one of your lucky little homes or my grandparents, I can go pick them up for the weekend. It's like I have visitation rights to my children. Hey, better than nothing. So I just really praise God for that. Time was running out, and I was getting anxious.
Aren't they sweet?

Big one, HUGE. I've been in the process of moving out of residence. God has done everything in his own time, which is great because that's what I want. He's taught me so many lessons through the process: patience, releasing my fears, giving everything to him, thankfulness. Throughout the process, which has been a slow one, he has shown me how to be thankful. I had several meetings with people downstairs, and everytime, it was such a small step. If God had just signed me out the first day, I'd have said thanks...but probably just once. This way, I have had 3 meetings over a period of 2 weeks, and everytime I came out, I was a baby step closer to getting out. And every time, I was so thankful. I would thank God all day long for that one small step. So after all these meetings and emails I have received, I have thanked God more times than I can even think.

Not only did God get me out of residence, he also found me a place to live. I'll be moving into a house with 5 other christian girls, which I am just so excited about. I've met a few of them, and they seem so great.

God provides. He knows what we need and He provides. You just have to remember to ask. And ask with an expecting heart. When you ask God for something, have the faith that he has the power and strength and that he is ABLE to do it. He can do anything. If you think it's small, who cares. Ask. He wants to hear them all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come God hasn't answered my prayers yet? I've asked Him out of a sincere heart. It's something that I feel I need. Maybe God doesn't answer everybody's prayers?

2:40 PM  
Blogger Keller said...

Maybe that's an answer in itself? Maybe the answer is "no" for right now?

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home