Wednesday, November 23, 2005

They Are Not Invited



I'm sick of studying at the same stupid desk, in the same stupid room, in the same stupid uncomfortable chair. So......tonight was the night! I decided to build a new study room. I built myself a fort! Yessss, I love forts! Love them. Tonight's fort is a special one though, not just ANY old fort, but MY fort. I used double sided tape to stick my bed sheet hiiigh up on my wall, and then I tied another end to my closet, oh darn, one side just fell...grrr. And then the other side is weighed down by a huge nursing book (i knew those would come in handy some time!) on my bed. Speaking of the bed, it has been stripped of its formal title..it is naked and bare, and same goes for my poor papasan (bowl) chair. I have taken the cushion off of it, laid it on the floor, taken all my blankets, sheets, pillows, and all, and thrown them in a magnificent fashion onto my floor, into my fort.
There I sat, for most of the evening, and there I will sleep tonight, because my room is like a frying pan, and hot air rises right? So I'm hoping it will be cooler.

As for all my bad days, God is the first one I run to, without a doubt. I'm begging and pleading and giving all of my problems to Him. I thank Him for what I do have. But tonight I'm also going to give Him my worries and fears and anxiety. These things can sometimes be the signs of not trusting God, and I do, fully. So tonight, I've left them all outside of the fort. They are not invited.

The fort is not only the 'Anatomy House', but tonight it's a symbol of what I'm trying really hard to do tonight...Just the same as my fort, I go into the world, and leave all my worries outside. God's bigger than me, what seems like the end of the world to me, is less than a mere splinter to Him. As a very intelligent man told me this evening, check out Philippians 4:6. He also said that it's important to be reminded of and retold of things that we already know.

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."

Well, time to go back to the fort. Always new mysteries to be uncovered.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg, you are such an encouragement to me, I wish I had you by my side again! You are a very effective writer, you made me laugh and reflect all in a short blog! Happy Thanksgiving my love!;-)

9:40 AM  
Blogger Superjan said...

i love forts. on my way to russia, my frient maria and i built a fort over our seats on the overnight flight from toronto to london...it was so cool, but i think everyone was getting angry with us because we were giggling and having a grand time...and they just wanted to sleep.

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forts are one of my favorite things! if you use enough blankets it can get to be like a little sauna. But tree forts and snow forts are also acceptable.
Next time I see you we'll have to make one and eat ichaban.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Keller said...

I lived near a town called Fort St. John. Near that was Fort Nelson. Fort Saskatchewan is near Edmonton. There are many forts around. I don't have a fort right now, but your blog inspired me... thanks fort nothing.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

So everyone, the double sided tape...is now stuck to my sheets. It's coming off, but it's a work in progress.
Matthew, thank you for your encouragement, I can never get enough.
Gisela, Happy Thanksgiving! Go 'post-thanksgiving-day-shopping' for me. To Value Village, that'd be grand, speaking of which, I need new pants.
Janet, a fort on a plane?! That's beyond brilliant! I have to remember that for Oz.
Joy, we shall make a fort! It shall be grand we'll call it Fort Joyegan!
Kyle, it doesn't matter how many times you used the word 'fort' in your comment, you were still waaay off topic. seriously.
Ok, I'm done commenting on my own blog comment page. Good night.

2:08 AM  
Blogger Keller said...

It may have been off topic, but it was still better than your pun about being "uncovered"... lame-o!

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Forts too!! We should all sing out with "one voice" and get everyone building them!!

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HALLELUJAH!! He hit puberty and he's back in the game! That wee little Billy Gilman.

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Billy Graham is Megan.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know Billy Gilman is Kyle.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not Billy Gilman, but I agree with him that Megan is Billy Graham.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home