Thursday, November 02, 2006

Little Presents


So I'm presently working in the maternity ward right now and I love it. There are so many newborns and they are to die for! Honestly, tiny little presents from God. Having a baby looks scary, but honestly, not as bad as I thought. Most newborns aren't that big. They are just too darn cute. Not as blue as I thought and not as mis-shapen as I thought. Yesterday was an experience and a half. We had a lady come in who was 31 weeks. She ended up delivering pretty much in the hallway! She screamed, "I can feel the baby coming!" as she was being pushed into the unit. So the nurses quickly pushed her into another room, one nurse holding a bulge at her groin area (we all thought it was the head), and the other nurse flung the lady onto the bed. As they pulled off her pants, the baby came out with them...breech nonetheless. (aka: baby came out butt first and folded in half). It was nuts...

8 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

You are my hero! Er... heroine, cuz you're a girl.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Court said...

If I could do it again, I think I might enter the world in such a manner

9:32 PM  
Blogger Keller said...

Breech nonetheless! Were they tight pants or did they slip off with ease?

10:50 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

9 weeks early! wow.. was this her second child by chance? My sister's second baby was delivered in record time.. although he wasn't falling out before she was on the bed.. haha. cool experience, can't wait until I'm in second year!

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CRAZY! thats all I half to say...

TheDrake

3:18 PM  
Blogger Shaolin said...

So, that baby in the picture, is that the actual baby from the story? Also, Kyle, you seem to be slighly obsessed with the topic of tight pants...

11:38 AM  
Blogger Keller said...

I haven't heard from the Shaolin in quite a while. I'm not obsessed with tight pants. Conversely, I'm obsessed with ridding the world of them! moo ha ha

8:22 PM  
Blogger shinbone #4 said...

that is a crazy cool story!! Loved it....

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home