Saturday, November 25, 2006

What's your Degree?

What's the weather like where you are? How about outside?....How about INSIDE? I live in a basement suite of a house. This morning when I woke up, my house was approximately 10 degrees in the basement and the upstairs of the house was a whopping 12 degrees. Let me tell you it is COLD! So I layered up with 3 pairs of pants, a long sleeve shirt, 2 sweaters, a touque, my hood, a few pairs of socks, and some slippers. Then I made the ghastly trek through my igloo to the coldest room in the whole house: our bathroom. As I sat down on the toilet seat I think by buttocks were pierced with icicles.

After this, I went upstairs..not a whole lot better. But we found a space heater! So we turned it on, made some hot chocolate, took some marshmallows, so crazy utensils, and plopped ourselves down infront of the heater. So we decided to roast mallows on the space heater for brunch...we too had to rotate like marshmallows to keep both sides of our bodies warm. So this is me in my house...those were the best mallows ever! They were perfectly melted allllll the way through.


They browned so nicely!

So we called our landlord and he said, "the heat is broken? Oh, so it must be cold there, hey? I'm in SUNNY VANCOUVER - EVERYTHING IS GREEN...7 DEGREES!" BAh!! oh man. so we called ATCO emergency. "ah, yes ma'am.. we'll be there within 24 hours"... We could be dead by then. So a couple hours later, they came...not an ATCO job..they can't do it. Call Lennex.. Ok.. so, i'm outta here. And that's where I flew the coupe. Let someone else take care of it. Hopefully when I get home, there will be heat.

BTW - even when our heat does work.. our house is approximately 13 dgrees on a good day. But anyhow... I'm cold.

6 Comments:

Blogger drakefarmer said...

That is not cool... Our furnes was broken in September right when it started getting cold here in Cold Lake and I was doing my homework with layers and took and when I didn't need to type gloves... So I feel ya sista!

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww hun. LOL I can't help but laugh. You look darn good all layered up like that. I think winter has officially hit us... yes... calgary too... hope things are looking warmer...

10:38 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Hi-a Megan! It's Emily from Prov. Well, I gotta say that this entry really made me smile. You, my friend, are the eternal optimist! We miss you and your beautiful smile out here in the middle of nowhere! I hope all is well with you. Much love and affection.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why didn't you just go to that boyfriend of yours?
Oh and who was he again?

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh...its a balmy 20 here in Chitown (sadly its raining) can you believe it ? It snows in early October and then is summer weather now how odd, I love you and I wish you'd call me

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home