Saturday, December 24, 2005

Real Live Nativity Scene

We're home for the holidays. There were about seven of us who thought it would just be a normal Sunday morning at Parkview Alliance and never dreamed that Diane Ellard would approach us with a 'favor'. She came around and individually asked each of us if we would be in her 'nativity scene' for her work at the nursing home in town. We all agreed, to what...we weren't too sure. But if it involved Ellards and Bauers, it's bound to be a good time right? Ha. Just like Christmas Morning. It's a tradition. Bauers go to Ellards all wearin' their new duds and Ellards stay in their jim jams and get to show us all their presents and Diane and Pat my wife saver for breaky. Excellent. Grand tradition.

Anyhow, we all showed up at the nursing home, and Diane says, "You guys can be whatever you want!" We're thinkin, what? Alright, I want to be a sheep...no sheep.. so I was Mary. We all just started to put random clothes on and I found face paint. Great idea! A nativity scene with face paint! So I started to draw a beard on my sister. In revenge, she drew me mustache looking lips...and fish tail eyes for all the girls. We had wonderful looking kings as well...Check out the chest hair on this one!

We were now dressed, and so away we went. My Joseph (role casted by my sweetheart, Matthew) led me through the swirly twirly gumdrops and the candy cane forest to a town called Bethlehem, you know the story. When we got there....I was frantically looking for the 'fetus' I was to give birth to on the stage! And found it under the manger, so I managed to pull off a relativly real looking delivery as I pulled out my stuffing.

After all was done, we magically became a choir on the command of Diane. We sang carol after carol and we laughed and I cried...cause my eyes water when I laugh. And that wrapped things up for the afternoon. It was eventful. Just wanted to blog as a memory. Have a very Merry Christmas!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Keller said...

lol. merry christmas.

11:14 PM  
Blogger cayleypaige said...

too funny. wish i was there!
love ya

12:05 AM  
Blogger Court said...

It reminds me of outreach. How do you get yourself into these situations.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home